A Beautiful Smile is Just a Click AwayApr 05, 2021 09:15AM ● By Jan Southern
Tooth loss and the need for dentures can be a painful and discouraging experience, but there is hope with iHeart Dental. Why is tooth loss a concern? Tooth loss can cause a variety of issues with biting and chewing, shifting of the remaining teeth, and loss of shape and tone in the cheeks and jaw area from the extra space in the mouth. Lost teeth can cause a loss in bone density as well.
Dental implants are a good solution to prevent the atrophy of the bone, but having dentures along with implants helps with achieving the greatest retention. They aid in maintaining a healthy facial structure and restoring a youthful appearance as well. Dentures are lightweight and a cost-effective solution to tooth loss.
Types of Dentures:
· Alginate impressions and models of the mouth are sent to an outside lab for denture design and fabrications.
· Can take up to 12 weeks to complete.
· Traditional dentures can be delivered the same day as the extractions or after extractions are complete. These are removable.
Implant Supported Overdenture
· These are “snap on” style dentures that attach to implants in the mouth.
· There is at least three months of healing time needed to allow the implants to fully osseointergrate to the bone before delivering the final prosthesis. These are removable.
Implant Supported Fixed Hybrid
· These are “screwed-in” and stay fixed in the mouth.
· There is at least three months healing time needed to allow the implants to fully osseointegrate to the bone before delivering the final prosthesis. These are NOT removable.
· Digital scans are taken of the mouth and dentures are fabricated using a digital software and then 3D printed.
· These dentures are finished faster and more predictable than traditional dentures.
· They may take up to one week to complete.
· Digital dentures can be delivered the same day as the extractions or after extractions are complete. They are removable.
Although iHeart Dental can provide all four of these types of dentures, we highly recommend Digital Dentures for your tooth loss solution.
Why Digital Dentures?
Digital Dentures, printed in house, offer all the benefits of traditional dentures but faster and more predictable delivery.
We take our impressions and models and upload them in our Denture Design software immediately, designing them in real time. We know you, the patient, and can design a custom fitted denture very quickly with just a couple clicks of a button. Once done, we then print it in our 3D printer on site.
The process is much faster and more predictable. If there are any corrections that need to be made, we do them right then and no time is wasted waiting on a case to come back and forth from the lab like traditional dentures.
More Benefits of Digital Dentures
· 3D Printed dentures are more durable and lightweight than traditional dentures so if the patient drops the denture, it most likely will not break like traditional dentures.
· 3D Printed dentures are easily replaced. If the patient happens to lose or even break their denture, replacing it is as easy as pushing print.
· The best option is combining implants with Digital Dentures to achieve the best prosthesis in the quickest time and highest retention rates.
Why Choose iHeart Dental for Your General Dentistry Services
A Focus on Patient Comfort - We specialize in patients with anxiety or apprehension in visiting a dentist. Our state-of-the-art facility is friendly, comfortable and inviting.
Advanced Technology - Only one percent of dental practices in the world are fully digital, and iHeart is one of them. Charting, paperwork, denture-making, X-rays, and more are all digital. We also have 3D CT Scans and 3D printers.
One-Stop Dental Care - Whether you need a dental cleaning and exam, a filling, or something more advanced, like a full mouth reconstruction, we have options to take care of nearly everything.